When organizing an event, you would need to validate whether you have an audience in the first place. Conferences are created to respond to a need. Yes, building your audience is synonymous to knowing firsthand whether there is a demand for a particular conference. Creating a community and engaging with them is one way to rev up your audience before moving into holding meetings or conferences.
While the planning stage is often nerve-wracking, this gives you enough adrenaline juice to keep you all pumped up for the preparations. Location is crucial to staging a successful conference. In fact, it can make or break an event. Here are some useful tips that should give you a cue for choosing the perfect conference venue:
- Check the suitability of the venue. You need to know the layout of your options for a venue. Would you need multiple rooms or just one large room for the conference? Check your program and target audience to know whether the venue would be tailor-fit to the conference and if it will satisfy your space requirements.
- Choose an accessible location. Real estate brokers would tell you location is important – and it is. When planning a conference, you should make sure that it is accessible and situated within the metropolis. Choose a venue that is preferably near the shopping district, hotels, airport, and restaurants. It would be advisable to choose a conference venue that is near to the location of most attendees.
- Connect to a catering service. Most conference venues typically have in-house catering services so be sure to check in with them ahead of time. You can also choose external or outside catering services but there could be additional charges for that.
- Compare rental fees. Rental fees vary from one venue to another. This would also change depending on the season or by demand especially during the holiday season. Make sure to check the rental fees or rates so you could compare prices when shopping from other sources.
- Ensure that there is adequate parking space. Depending on your number of attendees, you should ensure that they will have enough parking space. If in case there is limited parking, you can advise the participants to carpool. Check too if parking permits are required and the parking times.
- Check the amenities. A little of everything goes a long way especially with providing extras for guests. Check on the amenities of conference venues. Some conference venues would provide complimentary use of massage centers, gym, lounge or coffee shop, or pool. There are also venues that offer free meals or a bottled drink.
- Look for nearby hotel accommodations. Majority of conference venues are resorts or hotels and would offer accommodation especially for participants that are from far locations. You can also check on nearby bed and breakfasts, motels, or boutique hotels for accommodation options.
- Check for free Wi-Fi access. Most people work while traveling and would use their mobile devices or laptops for communication with loved ones or for collaboration with a remote team. Check your venue if there is a fast and reliable Wi-Fi access to ensure connectivity anytime and anywhere.
Choosing the perfect conference venue need not be stressful and complicated with the above tips. Shopping for your next conference venue will be a breeze if you take time to research and get organized with your venue options.